LAST UPDATED AND EFFECTIVE AS OF JANUARY 1, 2017
You can browse parts of the Website without telling us who You are or revealing any personal information about Yourself. Once You give us Your personal information, You are no longer anonymous. If You choose to provide us with personal information, You consent to the transfer and storage of that information to our servers located in the United States.
1. We May Collect Any of the Following Information:
A. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may collect personal information used to identify You, including, but not limited to, Your legal name, age, civil status, occupation; Your contact information, including email address and/or telephone number; Your demographic information, such as postal code, and residential and commercial addresses; and Your preferences and interests. We may also collect information posted in any comments or discussions You post in any Q & A, feedback posting, or other correspondence on the Website, or any comments You provide during a dispute resolution procedure.
B. COLLECTION OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may collect non-personal information, such as Your browser type, Your ISP or operating system, the URL of the previous website You visited, and Your IP address, none of which can be easily used to identify You.
C. COLLECTION OF COOKIES INFORMATION. When You visit the Website, we may send one or more cookies (i.e., a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to Your computer that identifies Your browser. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but You can usually modify Your browser setting to decline cookies if You prefer. Cookies allow web applications to respond to You as an individual, tailoring its operations to Your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about Your preferences. If You disable cookies You may be prevented from taking full advantage of the Website because it may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
2. What Non-GMO Project May Do With the Information We Gather:
A. HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE USED. We may use the personal information You provide for any of the following reasons:
1. Your participation in any interactive services, including, without limitation, any questionnaires, quizzes, or other educational challenges;
2. Internal record keeping;
3. To improve the Website, our services, and to provide the services and customer support that You want;
4. To periodically send promotional emails to the email address You provide regarding new services or other information that we think You may find interesting;
5. To contact You, via email, telephone, facsimile or mail, or for market research purposes, including, but not limited to, the customization of the Website according to Your interests; and
6. We may use Your demographics information (e., age, postal code, residential and commercial addresses, and other various data) to more effectively facilitate the promotion of our services to appropriate target audiences.
B. HOW NON-PERSONAL AND COOKIES INFORMATION MAY BE USED. We may track user traffic patterns throughout the Website and use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This would help us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We would only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data would be removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide You with a better Website, by enabling us to monitor which pages You find useful and which You do not. A cookie does not give us access to Your computer or any information about You, other than the data You choose to share with us.
3. Children. This Website is not directed to persons under 13. If you become aware that Your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will not knowingly request, collect, or maintain personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without verified parental consent. If we learn that personally identifiable information of anyone under the age of 13 has been collected on the Website without verified parental consent, then we will promptly take the appropriate steps to remove this information.
4. Security. We are committed to ensuring that Your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use various tools (e.g., encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect Your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse Your personal information that they collect from the Website. Although we work very hard to protect Your privacy, we do not promise and cannot guarantee, and thus You should not expect, that Your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
A. INFORMATION DISCLOSED TO UNAFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES. We may disclose Your personal information to prevent an emergency, to protect or enforce our rights, to protect or enforce the rights of a third party, or as required by law (e.g., to comply with a subpoena or court order). Specifically, if You Post any Content we may disclose Your information to a third party that alleges that You have infringed their intellectual property rights in any Content.
B. INFORMATION DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS. We may contract with various third parties for the provision and maintenance of the Website and our business operations. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent such third parties from disclosing Your personal information, except for the purpose of providing the specific services. We, however, cannot guarantee, and thus you should not expect, that such third parties will not disclose Your personal information.
C. INFORMATION DISCLOSED TO CORPORATE AFFILIATES. We may share Your personal information with our affiliates to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and to provide joint services. Our affiliates will market only to users who request such services.
D. INFORMATION DISCLOSED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT OR GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS. We may share Your personal information, such as Your name, city, state, telephone number, email address, user ID history, bidding and listing history, and fraud complaints, with law enforcement or other government officials in response to a verified request in connection with a criminal investigation or any alleged illegal activity.
E. INFORMATION DISCLOSED AT YOUR REQUEST. We may share Your personal information with third parties to whom You explicitly ask us to send Your information.
5. Links to Other Websites. The Website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once You have used these links to leave our site, You should note that we do not have any control over the other website to which You are directed. We cannot, therefore, be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that You provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at any privacy statements applicable to the website in question.
6. Controlling Your Personal Information. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of Your personal information in the following ways:
We will not sell, distribute or lease Your personal information to third parties unless we have Your permission or are required to do so by law.
7. Account Protection. If You have an account with a password, Your password is the key to Your account. If and when you create Your password You should use unique numbers, letters, special characters, and combinations thereof. In addition, DO NOT disclose Your password to anyone. If You do share Your password or Your personal information with others, You are solely responsible for all actions taken via Your account. If You lose control of Your password, You may lose substantial control over Your personal information and be subject to legally binding actions taken on Your behalf. Thus, IF YOUR PASSWORD HAS BEEN COMPROMISED FOR ANY REASON, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY Non-GMO Project AT INFO@NONGMOPROJECT.ORGTO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD.
NON-GMO Project may, in its sole and absolute discretion, change this policy from time to time by updating this document. ALL AMENDED TERMS AUTOMATICALLY TAKE EFFECT 30 DAYS AFTER THEY ARE POSTED ON THE WEBSITE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO check this page from time to time to ensure that You agree with any changes.